WELCOME TO 5 BULLET FRIDAY!The Chadron High School Cardinal Counseling Department is excited to share our 5 Bullet Friday Newsletter for the 2019-20 school year! Each week we will be providing readers with five facts, tips or tricks to help make the school year a success academically, emotionally, and socially!
If you do not wish to receive this email feel free to UNSUBSCRIBE using the button located at the bottom of this email.1. Do You Have a FAFSA Appointment? Don't Forget to Make Your FSA ID!Did you set up an appointment with EducationQuest to do your FAFSA? Appointments start this Monday! Make sure you come prepared with all the following information!Reminder, BOTH students and parents need to sign up and create an FSA ID before the appointment, follow the directions below before the meeting to ensure your FAFSA gets done!2. Cardinal Cast: Snaps, Sexts, and Social Media! Check us out on iTunes and make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE! We'd LOVE to have your feedback, like and REVIEW on iTunes!Takeaways from this episode:
1. How to Monitor Your Student's Social Media While Maintaining a Positive Relationship.
2. How to Set Screen Time & Social Media Boundaries
3. Building a Positive Brand on Social Media & Being Future Focused for College and Employment.
4. New Nebraska Sexting Laws, & What Parents Need to be Aware Of.
3. Transition to College Monday October 7th @ 6 p.m.Transition to College night will be on Monday, October 7th at 6 p.m. in the high school library. 11th and 12th grade parents AND students are invited to attend for this one! Come learn about how you can help your child transition to college and focus this week on PAYING FOR COLLEGE! This is a 3 part series this Fall and will continue on October 21st. Daycare and dinner will be provided!
Also friendly reminder ACT Dates and Registration deadlines (listed below). It is NEVER too early to take an ACT! 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders are all encouraged to give the test a shot and see how they do, statistically the more times you take the ACT the better you do!4. 8 Apps to Delete from Your Teenagers Phone Immediately.As I write this newsletter I just finished up speaking in front of CPS employees on dangerous apps and social media trends. Not every app is a good fit for your teenager's smartphone. I've found several — from anonymous messaging apps to dating sites with lax age restrictions — that you should delete this instant.5. Mental Health Minutes:
Build a Teen Stress Management PlanStress affects mood and causes physical discomfort. Stress management helps manage feelings and leads to growth, better health, and even improves relationships.
GREAT resources here at the Center for Parent & Teen Communication on building a teen stress management plan. Check out more at https://parentandteen.com/teen-stress-management-plan/. Readers, THANK YOU AGAIN for joining us! Whether you are from CHS or another school, If you find it worthwhile please continue to SHARE. THE. LOVE (and the link).