WELCOME TO 5 BULLET FRIDAY!
The Chadron High School Cardinal Counseling Department is excited to share our 5 Bullet Friday Newsletter for the 2020-21 school year! Each week we will be providing readers with five facts, tips or tricks to help make the school year a success academically, emotionally, and socially!
1. Join LIVE for Cardinal Cast!Join Mr. Mack and/or Mrs. Watson LIVE on Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram for Cardinal Cast! If you can't make the live stream DO NOT FRET we keep all the videos right here please hit SUBSCRIBE!
There are also a plethora of 2 Minute Drill videos on our YouTube page designed to share important information in a TIMELY manner :)
This week Mrs. Watson touches on Social Media Concerns CHS Parents Need to Know About. Click photo below to watch.2. Free and Reduced Lunch Paperwork Please take the time to watch this 2 Minute Drill on the importance of turning in your FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH paperwork is! Not only do you get free and reduced lunch, but the following perks as well!
- A free or reduced meal, NO ONE gets "hangry" on our watch!
- Up to 2 FREE College Classes a Year! These can be through ANY college online or in person. Dual credit college courses offered at the high school also count! 9 College credits a year for the junior and senior year amount to 18 college credits complete for free while in high school, that's a full semester of college for FREE and can be saving over $5,000!
- 2 FREE National ACT exams, and one FREE state ACT exam! No brainer here - the more times you take it correlated with strong coursework the higher your score will be!
- FREE and reduced participation fees, club dues, activity passes, and SO. MUCH. MORE.
It is an absolute no brainer, if you think you might need another copy to fill out contact Tricia Berry at the CHS office 432-0707 or stop over.3. September 22nd
IT'S A BIG DEAL DAY! Here we GO for Fall testing season! IT'S A BIG DEAL!
On September 22nd (Tuesday) ALL SENIORS will get a chance to make up their FREE ACT exam that they missed this Spring due to Covid - 19. We will plan on meeting at the CSC Armory at 7:45 a.m. to begin testing. All seniors have been registered and do NOT need to complete any online forms for testing. After testing we will unwind and have some fun! Mrs. Watson will provide each student with a free lunch at the CSC cafeteria and will be given an official tour of campus along with financial aid group meetings.
CHADRON STATE COLLEGE REQUIRES MASKS ON CAMPUS. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TEST WITHOUT ONE.
While seniors are eating their free lunch and touring campus juniors will then take their turn in the CSC Armory building to take the ASVAB. The ASVAB Career Exploration Program includes a validated aptitude test and interest assessment. The results are used to guide career exploration using our career planning tools. We will celebrate with snacks and goodies after the exam!Seniors remember you ALL have access to ONLINE ACT PREP that has been purchased for you!
login: school email
You have access to full length practice tests, lessons, and instruction regarding the four standard ACT tests plus writing practice.
ACT = Scholarship $$$$$$$$$4. Texting Your
During the School Day.Don't stress! We ALL DO IT. I just want to make sure you are being INTENTIONAL. Please watch this if you get a chance!
Here's the JIST....As a parent with the current technology you will be able to receive REAL TIME information regarding grades, behavior, etc. from Chadron High School. Please be sensitive to the fact that your students are here to learn in ALL their classes. One bad Infinite Campus grade or a call from Mrs. Watson does NOT mean we need to send an immediate text to scold, reprimand, or try to fix the situation at hand. Wait until after school before you have "the talk", and if there is a crisis or tough conversation you need to have with your student I encourage you to break the news after school, or in person. Mrs. Watson is always here to help! 5. Mental Health MinutesTransitioning back to school can be stressful, let's keep an eye on each other and support positive interactions and emotional health! Readers, THANK YOU AGAIN for joining us! Whether you are from CHS or another school, If you find it worthwhile please continue to SHARE. THE. LOVE (and the link).